Saturday, June 11, 2005

First Non-Devo Post in a While

I think it's time for another poem on the blog, and since I have a few minutes, I'll take the time to create a blog-only poem... maybe I'll write it down later, we'll see. Usually my poems reflect how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking about at a given time, so this'll probably be one of those kind too.

My Enemy

You know me so well, you rule my mind,
You say you'll protect me, but you are unkind.
You hurt me and then... you hurt me again,
You get me so stressed out I need to unwind.

Your morals I question, I think they are lax,
It's so hard to fend off all of your attacks.
You treat me like dirt, and when I am hurt,
You won't let me go cuz you're there on my back.

My ego you boost, then rip it away,
I'm built up and torn down by all that you say.
You say I'm a star, that I will go far,
Then beat up on me like you did yesterday.

You take all the glory, you leave me the blame,
You think that this all is just some sort of game.
I try and I fail, and yet you prevail,
And leave me there sitting alone in my shame.

But now I will stop, and begin to see,
Just what is behind this, your identity.
I was such a fool, you made me your tool,
I should have known all along that you were me.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Wow. Impressive.

I liked it. You should check out my new post. Yeah, I know, it hasn't been a month yet. Stupid Greg... Yeah, but I posted anyways.

Huzzah.

Sweet poem.

~Dave~