Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Opposite of Love

Some people think hate is the opposite of love,
But I'm not so sure I agree,
After looking inside I have come to conclude
The opposite of love has been me.

I've been impatient and I've been unkind,
I've been envious, boastful and proud.
I've been rude and self-seeking, and easily angered,
And in love that's just not allowed.

Of wrongs done to me I've kept a record,
I've not always rejoiced with the truth.
I've protected and trusted, hoped and persevered,
But not always, as love's known to do.

I could speak in the language of angels,
With faith, give a mountain a shove,
Have wisdom and knowledge surpassing all men,
But it would all be in vain without love.

God is love, and love never fails,
Though knowledge and prophecy cease.
When perfection comes, the imperfect disappears,
So I pray that my love would increase.

No comments: