Saturday, February 26, 2005

My prayer for Canada

It's been a while since I posted other than devo's... so here goes...

Pray for the country of Canada and its government and people! We need it. We must repent as a nation, and return to God, that He would forgive our sin and heal our land. I will be the first to cry guilty of sinning against God. I have done many things which were disobedient and sinful, and I regret the times when I kept my own pleasure foremost in my mind. Oh Lord God, come to us again! Call your people out of this spiritual darkness we have covered ourselves with. We need a revival, as a country we are spiritually dead. We kill children's bodies before they are born through abortion, we destroy their emotions in their young years through the pain of divorces, in their teen years, we pollute their minds with images impossible to live up to, we slash their spirits with the theory of evolution, and by the time they are grown they are taught to fear man rather than God. "Kyrie eleison!" Lord, have mercy! I pray that the vision of our founding fathers would ring true as the psalm:
"He shall have dominion from sea to sea,
And from the River to the ends of the earth."
It is no coincidence we were once known as the Dominion of Canada.
Lord, save Canada! Revive us as you have other countries. I long to see Your Spirit poured over our young and old, that your love would reign and replace our selfishness and hate.

God keep our land glorious and free,
Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee!

No comments: